The here and now... and what and why

Complacency is a trap. At least that’s what I was thinking when I up and left the comfort of a Yankee prep school gig, where I taught music, amongst other things, for 28 years. There was also that life long career as a composer, musician and artist.

First, it was a year in St. Thomas, USVI, working as a reporter and shooting photography and then, a year in San Agustin Etla, Oaxaca, Mexico.
Time passed.
More time passed and a year back in the Athens of America followed by a hasty return to Oaxaca where it is all happening.
A couple of years in San Sebastian Etla and now, just down the road in San Pablo Etla. Life is good.

Click on an image to see it larger.
For additional photography please visit my flickr page.
You can find my music on Jango (World & latin - Worldbeat) and at iTunes and most online stores.
¡Soy consciente de todas las tradiciones del Internet!
If you are coming to Oaxaca, please contact me for tours or advice.

Santo Domingo

Santo Domingo
The view from Corazon del Pueblo

The hereafter re me

My photo
Oaxaca, Oaxaca, Mexico
Musician, photographer, videographer, reporter, ex-officio teacher, now attempting to be a world traveler

Sunday, January 4, 2015

Time passes

I've had a leak in the the water system which has caused me to climb up to the roof to check how much water there is.  The leak has been fixed, but I enjoy the views up there.  I love looking at the garden in the side lot just to make note of the progress.  I started with a total bomb zone with nothing planted and huge piles of dirt and rock.  Now, we are in the dry season, but things still look good.  This was just a few months ago, September, after months of rain.
And today
September
Today
Look at how nice the romero, rosemary, is looking... on the right just above the banana.
And as long as I was up on the roof, I looked to the SSW and there was Atzompa.
Looks inviting, as always.

3 comments:

gypsy Goat Girl said...

The garden is wonderful!

Unknown said...

Such an eclectic collection of plants. The madness of it all is strangely effective. Maybe even musical. Quite an achievement. And of course there in the distance is Atzompa calling...

Christopher Stowens said...

I always garden no matter where I am and it is all about learning what works and what doesn't. Having such a long dry season is a challenge, but the mulch helps a lot. By this time next year some of these plants will be very large. In a few years, there will be be shade out there and maybe even some fruit. And maybe I will still be here to see them, but probably not. On to the next...