The here and now... and what and why

Complacency is a trap. At least that’s what I was thinking when I up and left the comfort of a Yankee prep school gig, where I taught music, amongst other things, for 28 years. There was also that life long career as a composer, musician and artist.

First, it was a year in St. Thomas, USVI, working as a reporter and shooting photography and then, a year in San Agustin Etla, Oaxaca, Mexico.
Time passed.
More time passed and a year back in the Athens of America followed by a hasty return to Oaxaca where it is all happening.
A couple of years in San Sebastian Etla and now, just down the road in San Pablo Etla. Life is good.

Click on an image to see it larger.
For additional photography please visit my flickr page.
You can find my music on Jango (World & latin - Worldbeat) and at iTunes and most online stores.
¡Soy consciente de todas las tradiciones del Internet!
If you are coming to Oaxaca, please contact me for tours or advice.

Santo Domingo

Santo Domingo
The view from Corazon del Pueblo

The hereafter re me

My photo
Oaxaca, Oaxaca, Mexico
Musician, photographer, videographer, reporter, ex-officio teacher, now attempting to be a world traveler

Thursday, June 6, 2013

Walkable cities

One of my regular pleasures is going into the city of Oaxaca and simply walking.  I have covered lots of real estate just following my nose and seeing whatever pops up in front of mis ojos.  Oaxaca is a very walkable city.  So is Boston.  I took the train in and jumped off at Back Bay, which is right next to Copley Square and walked down to Chinatown, a glorious walk on a glorious day.  And  of course, I had my trusty little camera.  I love how photography trains one's eye to look at things from many perspectives simultaneously.  Great architectural diversity in this shot.  The Hancock building is almost invisible.
 
Made it to the finish line.
This was my first time back since the marathon bombing, so I paid my respects and was very touched by the memorials.
What would Boston be without the swan boats?
Looks pretty good, doesn't it?
More it a bit....

No comments: