The here and now... and what and why

Complacency is a trap. At least that’s what I was thinking when I up and left the comfort of a Yankee prep school gig, where I taught music, amongst other things, for 28 years. There was also that life long career as a composer, musician and artist.

First, it was a year in St. Thomas, USVI, working as a reporter and shooting photography and then, a year in San Agustin Etla, Oaxaca, Mexico.
Time passed.
More time passed and a year back in the Athens of America followed by a hasty return to Oaxaca where it is all happening.
A couple of years in San Sebastian Etla and now, just down the road in San Pablo Etla. Life is good.

Click on an image to see it larger.
For additional photography please visit my flickr page.
You can find my music on Jango (World & latin - Worldbeat) and at iTunes and most online stores.
¡Soy consciente de todas las tradiciones del Internet!
If you are coming to Oaxaca, please contact me for tours or advice.

Santo Domingo

Santo Domingo
The view from Corazon del Pueblo

The hereafter re me

My photo
Oaxaca, Oaxaca, Mexico
Musician, photographer, videographer, reporter, ex-officio teacher, now attempting to be a world traveler

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Gulf of Mexico

I know, I know, this ain't a political blog or anything like that, but this is or should be criminal.

With the remains of the Deepwater Horizon rig still spewing hundreds of thousands of gallons of oil into the Gulf of Mexico every day, BP and federal response teams are scrambling for solutions. BP has bought up more than a third of the world's supply of dispersants, or chemical substances used to break up and sink oil to prevent it from hitting land. The problem is, no actually knows what chemicals are in many of these dispersants, or the impacts they may have on marine ecosystems.

full story from Mother Jones

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's all money talk!!!The big oil company control the opening of the market for environemental car,so we have to be dependant of them.It will change soon,but they still have the money and the power to do what they want with us and our money!!I'looking forward to a world more open to others and not selfish and superficial like now.But,hey,that's just an opinion!!!
I wish you a good day,and i'm sorry aboutr the 2 others message!I was'nt sure if i was getting the right way!!!
Bye!
Antonin

Christopher Stowens said...

It is definitely all about the money. I have very little confidence that things will change unless things really change They have been working on getting all the cash for a very long time and the system is totally rigged in their favor.