The here and now... and what and why

Complacency is a trap. At least that’s what I was thinking when I up and left the comfort of a Yankee prep school gig, where I taught music, amongst other things, for 28 years. There was also that life long career as a composer, musician and artist.

First, it was a year in St. Thomas, USVI, working as a reporter and shooting photography and then, a year in San Agustin Etla, Oaxaca, Mexico.
Time passed.
More time passed and a year back in the Athens of America followed by a hasty return to Oaxaca where it is all happening.
A couple of years in San Sebastian Etla and now, just down the road in San Pablo Etla. Life is good.

Click on an image to see it larger.
For additional photography please visit my flickr page.
You can find my music on Jango (World & latin - Worldbeat) and at iTunes and most online stores.
¡Soy consciente de todas las tradiciones del Internet!
If you are coming to Oaxaca, please contact me for tours or advice.

Santo Domingo

Santo Domingo
The view from Corazon del Pueblo

The hereafter re me

My photo
Oaxaca, Oaxaca, Mexico
Musician, photographer, videographer, reporter, ex-officio teacher, now attempting to be a world traveler

Sunday, August 10, 2014

Perfect for the times....

OK, clue me in.  "Calm down and kill the princess."  What the heck does that even mean?  Lots of times I ask folks if they know what the words on their tees mean and lots of times they don't know.  In this case, neither of us had a clue.  On the other hand, this one needs no explanation.
 Frida lives!
Off to check out the new Home Depot.... if there are no blockades. Hey, it could happen as we enter into the fourth week of Seccion XXII protests.  Needless to say, the situation is deteriorating and the governor is outta town.  SSDD.

1 comment:

Nightreading said...

I see these not-making-so-much-sense T-shirts all the time when I go to my motherlands, and people wearing them have no clue when I ask if they know what those slogans mean. They just think it's VERY COOL....

As for this particular situation with the princess... I found explanations on youtube:

"Quando ho visto il film Kill Bill vol.1, la colonna sonora della fischiettata mi ha colpito parecchio, così ho pensato di proporla in una versione disneyana... ;)"

So if you google "Kill the Princesses (Kill Bill Disney)" you'll see what he/she meant....kinda cool, too ;-))))