The here and now... and what and why

Complacency is a trap. At least that’s what I was thinking when I up and left the comfort of a Yankee prep school gig, where I taught music, amongst other things, for 28 years. There was also that life long career as a composer, musician and artist.

First, it was a year in St. Thomas, USVI, working as a reporter and shooting photography and then, a year in San Agustin Etla, Oaxaca, Mexico.
Time passed.
More time passed and a year back in the Athens of America followed by a hasty return to Oaxaca where it is all happening.
A couple of years in San Sebastian Etla and now, just down the road in San Pablo Etla. Life is good.

Click on an image to see it larger.
For additional photography please visit my flickr page.
You can find my music on Jango (World & latin - Worldbeat) and at iTunes and most online stores.
¡Soy consciente de todas las tradiciones del Internet!
If you are coming to Oaxaca, please contact me for tours or advice.

Santo Domingo

Santo Domingo
The view from Corazon del Pueblo

The hereafter re me

My photo
Oaxaca, Oaxaca, Mexico
Musician, photographer, videographer, reporter, ex-officio teacher, now attempting to be a world traveler

Friday, October 2, 2009

Fijación de la azotea - fixing the roof

The main reason I came north was to get the house ready for winter. I plan on being some place much warmer and I don't want to worry about it. Of course, just to keep the flavor right, everyone who is working on the place speaks Spanish. And as in all things, as they work, they discover problems. It is an old house. My cup runneth over. Nuf said.

I like watching El Norte from the outside. It is healthier. Being up here is sure different. Some of the stuff going on is just plain bizarre. Between, politics, economics and the social/entertainment diversions... well, it is..... interesting. Nuf said.

So I guess I would just say, El Norte kinda seems like it needs some roof repair and tearing that roof off is going to reveal one hell of a lot of problems that need to be fixed. We can ignore them, but they will do what my roof did - start to leak on the coldest day of the year so that water came down the newly painted walls. Nuf said.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am sure you love the Red Socks! But it sounds like you should be in Oaxaca.

Lino Kosters said...

How’s your house doing now? I do hope the roofing structure has been fixed. It’s really essential to have a good roofing system for it protects us from harsh weather conditions.

Nelson Mcglaughlin said...

Hello, Christopher! How are you doing? I do hope that you’re okay and I do hope that your house is doing fine also. Anyway, it’s very vital to have a good roofing structure for your house. For me, I prefer shingles or metal roofing because of its durability and its ability to withstand harsh weather.

Saundra Wordlaw said...

Fixing the roof is very important, most especially before the rainy or winter season. The roof’s major role is to protect us from the harsh elements. A leaky roof is very frustrating because it creates moisture inside our house that can attract pesky pests inside.