The here and now... and what and why

Complacency is a trap. At least that’s what I was thinking when I up and left the comfort of a Yankee prep school gig, where I taught music, amongst other things, for 28 years. There was also that life long career as a composer, musician and artist.

First, it was a year in St. Thomas, USVI, working as a reporter and shooting photography and then, a year in San Agustin Etla, Oaxaca, Mexico.
Time passed.
More time passed and a year back in the Athens of America followed by a hasty return to Oaxaca where it is all happening.
A couple of years in San Sebastian Etla and now, just down the road in San Pablo Etla. Life is good.

Click on an image to see it larger.
For additional photography please visit my flickr page.
You can find my music on Jango (World & latin - Worldbeat) and at iTunes and most online stores.
¡Soy consciente de todas las tradiciones del Internet!
If you are coming to Oaxaca, please contact me for tours or advice.

Santo Domingo

Santo Domingo
The view from Corazon del Pueblo

The hereafter re me

My photo
Oaxaca, Oaxaca, Mexico
Musician, photographer, videographer, reporter, ex-officio teacher, now attempting to be a world traveler

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Street Art cont.... part 87

I found these beautiful pieces on a tiny street, almost an alley, Callejon Boca del Monte.
There was a SUV blocking the shot, but you get the idea.
 I will have to go back to get the full shot, but I like it this way, too.

3 comments:

Federico said...

Hola,

I have been following your blog for a while now and have always been impressed with the artistic and technical quality of your pictures. And I was wondering which camera you were using.
I thought it might have been some professional one but can see now that you are using a pocket one. Would you mind sharing which one. The state of Oaxaca is one magical place. Any plan of taking a trip to the mountains?
Saludos,

Federico

Christopher Stowens said...

I have a Nikon D300 with some good lenses that I use for important shoots. And I have a very good Sony with all the bells and whistles for video, but more and more I am using a Lumix Panasonic DMC-ZS7 for both stills and video. I may lose a little in quality, but not really, and the thing is so small and light. The ease of transferring video files is fantastic. The Sony is miniDV format and the Lumix's are mpegs. Also, the zoom on the Lumix is insane, fantastic, good, too. I am thinking of getting a Lumix ZS20 and using my current one as second angle camera and backup.

Oh, I am sure the mountains will be in the near future, whenever that is.

Federico said...

Muchas gracias Christopher.

Federico