The here and now... and what and why

Complacency is a trap. At least that’s what I was thinking when I up and left the comfort of a Yankee prep school gig, where I taught music, amongst other things, for 28 years. There was also that life long career as a composer, musician and artist.

First, it was a year in St. Thomas, USVI, working as a reporter and shooting photography and then, a year in San Agustin Etla, Oaxaca, Mexico.
Time passed.
More time passed and a year back in the Athens of America followed by a hasty return to Oaxaca where it is all happening.
A couple of years in San Sebastian Etla and now, just down the road in San Pablo Etla. Life is good.

Click on an image to see it larger.
For additional photography please visit my flickr page.
You can find my music on Jango (World & latin - Worldbeat) and at iTunes and most online stores.
¡Soy consciente de todas las tradiciones del Internet!
If you are coming to Oaxaca, please contact me for tours or advice.

Santo Domingo

Santo Domingo
The view from Corazon del Pueblo

The hereafter re me

My photo
Oaxaca, Oaxaca, Mexico
Musician, photographer, videographer, reporter, ex-officio teacher, now attempting to be a world traveler

Sunday, September 14, 2014

Dinner

 
Hey Chris, why no posts? I've been busy building an ark.  Yes, the rainy season has returned with a vengeance.  I don't know how much we have received and every drop is a blessing but ¡Ya basta - enough already!  My cistern is filled and every water collection container I have is full as well.  The ground is so saturated I don't dare step on it.  The plants, however, are in heaven.  They are putting on a growth spurt and I am taking advantage of the weather and transplanting like crazy.
So here is dinner, a huge broccoli crown, that got sauteed with Oaxacan garlic, small and strong, some olive oil, then the best Korean sesame oil and some very fine Chinese soy sauce, both of which I brought down from Boston.  Plenty of leftovers for salads mañana with some of this dill.
If you can believe it, these broccoli plants will keep producing florets for the next year or so.  I had plants a couple of years ago that lasted two years and were still going strong, but were sooo ugly, they had to go. 

1 comment:

Bev in Connecticut said...

Well Chris...here in Ct autumn has arrived early. 43* outside now at 7am. We have all started putting our gardens to sleep for the winter. Steve will be hauling compost for days! Houseplants are settling into there winter spots in the house. The trees are starting to turn yellow. The farmer's almanac says severe winter for the NE! Glad we will be in the Yucatan for 4 weeks.
Looking forward to DOD. See you soon