The here and now... and what and why

Complacency is a trap. At least that’s what I was thinking when I up and left the comfort of a Yankee prep school gig, where I taught music, amongst other things, for 28 years. There was also that life long career as a composer, musician and artist.

First, it was a year in St. Thomas, USVI, working as a reporter and shooting photography and then, a year in San Agustin Etla, Oaxaca, Mexico.
Time passed.
More time passed and a year back in the Athens of America followed by a hasty return to Oaxaca where it is all happening.
A couple of years in San Sebastian Etla and now, just down the road in San Pablo Etla. Life is good.

Click on an image to see it larger.
For additional photography please visit my flickr page.
You can find my music on Jango (World & latin - Worldbeat) and at iTunes and most online stores.
¡Soy consciente de todas las tradiciones del Internet!
If you are coming to Oaxaca, please contact me for tours or advice.

Santo Domingo

Santo Domingo
The view from Corazon del Pueblo

The hereafter re me

My photo
Oaxaca, Oaxaca, Mexico
Musician, photographer, videographer, reporter, ex-officio teacher, now attempting to be a world traveler

Sunday, January 1, 2012

¡Feliz Año Neuvo!

 I should call this blog, Oaxaca, where each year is better than the last, nah.... too long.  However, 2011 was one of the absolute best.  The energy of the place at year's end was so positive and upbeat.  You just gotta come and feel the vibe, man.  The year just never quit, start to finish.  All 313 posts.  I love this place.  It keeps rewarding me and teaching me.  I love the people, the culture, the history, the food, I mean, what's not to love.  OK, maybe the politics, but have you checked out the politics where you live? 
Ignore them. "Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain."  Love your family and friends.  Enjoy your life to the fullest and call me when you get in town.  Coffee's on me.  Paz y amor.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, you are really lucky to be there in Oaxaca. It isn't my time yet, but I hope to someday be able to come and stay for longer than 6 mos. I am enjoying reading your blog, but most especially looking at your photos and feeling very homesick for that beautiful city. Happiest of happy new years to you! I did not find you in Oct/Nov when there for dia de muertos, but perhaps this year when I return again, hopefully in the spring. Feliz Ano!