The here and now... and what and why

Complacency is a trap. At least that’s what I was thinking when I up and left the comfort of a Yankee prep school gig, where I taught music, amongst other things, for 28 years. There was also that life long career as a composer, musician and artist.

First, it was a year in St. Thomas, USVI, working as a reporter and shooting photography and then, a year in San Agustin Etla, Oaxaca, Mexico.
Time passed.
More time passed and a year back in the Athens of America followed by a hasty return to Oaxaca where it is all happening.
A couple of years in San Sebastian Etla and now, just down the road in San Pablo Etla. Life is good.

Click on an image to see it larger.
For additional photography please visit my flickr page.
You can find my music on Jango (World & latin - Worldbeat) and at iTunes and most online stores.
¡Soy consciente de todas las tradiciones del Internet!
If you are coming to Oaxaca, please contact me for tours or advice.

Santo Domingo

Santo Domingo
The view from Corazon del Pueblo

The hereafter re me

My photo
Oaxaca, Oaxaca, Mexico
Musician, photographer, videographer, reporter, ex-officio teacher, now attempting to be a world traveler

Friday, September 2, 2011

Aguas!

Which means, "Look out!"  In this case it means look out for the water that is encroaching on my house.

I was going to write about all the rain and flooding stories in the news here, but then it started to come down like I have never seen it here and voila, a flash flood in the yard.  The other house on the property is in the middle of a river.

My place is above water for now, but I am not sure it will stay that way.  The roar of the water going by the house is scary.
Those are rapids taken from the roof!

2 comments:

La Cubanófila said...

That looks scary, Chris! I don't even want to think about how bad the road is to your house (does it even exist?). Cuídate mucho, amigo.

Bev Schmidt said...

I am a frequent traveler to Mexico and I check your blog daily. I love your photos and dialogue. So although we have never met I feel like you are a friend. I hope all is well and the river has reseeded! We just went through hurricane Irene here in New England and many areas will be months recovering. Good vibs from Connecticut
Bev Schmidt